Friday, September 4, 2009

Tattoos

I got lost on the way to Purgatory today. There is a national park area in Massachusetts named Purgatory (which might be because people died climbing up the cliffs). My cousin Brad, his friend Sequoya, and myself spent a good two hours climbing over rocks and crossing rivers.

If I believed in tattoos, these are the tattoos I would get...

1. The main character from The Missing Piece by Shel Silverstein.



2. Jiminy Cricket from Disney's Pinocchio.



3. The Lorax from The Lorax by Dr. Suess.



4. Linus Van Pelt from the Peanuts comic strip.



Each character means a great deal to me, all in their own district ways. Within their given works, they all represent different ideas or conventions that I keep very close to my heart. I suppose I've also had a lasting relationship with all of the characters, in some way shape or form, since I was very young.

Speak easy,
Neil

No comments: