Thursday, March 11, 2010

Everything Is Borrowed












I haven't seen any ducks here but there are plenty of geese on campus. So far I've only seen one squirrel. They seem kind of rare here, at least at this time of year. There are different breeds of birds here that sing all the time, especially at night. Someone told me that if you steal a goose from the campus you get kicked out of school. Been busy and the internet connection here is slow, so every time I want to update anything it's kind of a process. Last night I met up with three of my friends from camp that live in the area. This weekend I'm seeing another friend from camp when I go to London. I'll take pictures!

I wrote a song the other day when I should have been rereading The Great Gatsby. My friend Mike let me borrow his guitar for the time being.


Meet me in England (if you get the chance)

G C
My soul didn't come from a star
G C
Oh, My soul didn't come from a star
D G
No, my spirit didn't travel far
G C
I wanted to see you today
G C
yes, I wanted to see you today
D G
just watched the minutes as they flew away

C G
and If in my mind
C G
I somehow could find
C G
A Way for us to realize
D
At the same time
C G
That it could be
C G
just you and me
C G
you say my judgement is blind
D
but I guess that we'll see
Am C D
It's just a matter-er-er
G
of time

G C
Stop looking up into the air?
G C
Why do you keep looking up in the air?
D G
You only see what isn't there.
G C
I guess that I shouldn't complain
G C
Oh, I guess that I shouldn't complain
D G
because I always feel better when it rains

C G
And if it don't feel wrong
C G
I might write you a song
C G
But I know that your busy
D
So Your song won't be long
C G
And if our future seems bright
C G
I could book you a flight
C G
if you take the red eye
D
I could meet you tonight
Am C D
It's just a matter-er-er
G
of time

G C G C D Am C D G

G C
I wanted to see you today
G C
yes, I wanted to see you today
D G
just watched the minutes as they flew away

Probably a little cheesy but whatever.

Speak easy,
Neil

1 comment:

Laurie Smith Murphy said...

For what it's worth, I like your song!

Love your view on all things Neil...:)