Wednesday, January 1, 2014

MMXIV

"How we spend our days is, of course, how we spend our lives." is one of my all time favorite quotes. In an attempt to take this to heart I will try to keep up on a lot of things on a day-to-day basis in order to better myself. To make sure I read more I am going to try to read at least ten pages a day minimum. To make sure I write more I am going to try to either blog or work on my novel once a day. I am having a difficult time writing this because there are three other people in the room and Return of the King is on TNT. I have decided right now that I will also make an effort this year to cut multitasking and distractions out of my work time. Trying to do anything while attempting to pay attention to something else is so harmful to the creative process, and even doesn't help me to get anything done faster. Focusing your attention and working in shorter spurts can be a tremendous way to be productive. Anyway, it's New Year's Day and I'm trying to be optimistic about what I will be able to get done this year.

Speak easy,
Neil

1 comment:

Cynthia Sherrick said...

Good luck with your goals and your writing and reading projects. It's difficult to stay focused when we have so many distractions in our lives. Good luck with your novel!