Friday, January 22, 2010

Bones

Just got back from seeing Peter Jackson's The Lovely Bones. I can't remember the last time I felt so utterly and completely emotionally drained from a film. Overall I thought it was a great film with only a few slight problems. One thing I learned in film class was that you own emotional response to a film has no bearing on the quality of the film at hand. It says more about you than the movie. It made me think about death and karma and how we really wish we could change things sometimes but often we'll find that the best thing to do is move on. It made me think about how death is not a good enough punishment. At the same time though people (bad bad people) are sometimes born that way and if someone has murder in their veins is it really fair to judge them so harshly? Maybe.

Late and still packing for tomorrow. Just brushed a flea off of my knuckle. How does that happen? It's January!

Speak easy,
Neil

No comments: