Started going to classes today. I have a Television Cultures class and we are studying The Honeymooners and Dragnet right now. Here is the blog I wrote on the second day I got here. This was right before I had to pay £25 to get my hard drive into working order (erasing all of my programs and a few files in the process).
It’s the first time in two years or so that I actually have my very own room and I couldn’t be happier. This morning I went to the study abroad orientation presentation and got started getting my modules (classes) verified. The campus is large and at one point I got lost. So far I have seen two Subway restaurants.
Some of the things I have noticed since I got here…
- - Red Bull is almost half the price.
- -The English love to recycle.
- - DVDs are really cheap unless they are really new (£3 for Alvin and the Chipmunks)
- - Most phones are ‘pay as you go’ and not on a plan.
- - METRIC SYSTEM!
- - Lots of coins. There are £1 coins and £2 coins. £5 is the smallest note you are going to get in change.
- - Double decker buses.
My suite mates are really nice. Haven’t really met any English people yet.
Watching American Movie right now. It is a really great movie. It’s one of those pieces of art that motivates you into making your own stuff and at the same time leaves you with a deep sense of realism.
Legs are tired. Need to do less walking tomorrow.