Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Here are some fun facts involving celebrities and other stuff that you may or may not be interested in. This is the kind of knowledge my brain finds important to retain...
1) Tim Allen was was once arrested for possession of 1.6 pounds of cocaine. He avoided a sentence of life imprisonment by ratting out his drug dealers.
2) Woody Allen left his long-time girlfriend, Mia Farrow, to pursue Farrow's adopted daughter, Soon-Yi Previn. She is 35-years younger than he is. Kind of weird.
3) William Shatner was homeless for a period of time after the cancellation of Star Trek.
4) Gary Coleman, at 40 years old, is still a virgin despite his marriage to 22 year-old Shannon Price.
5) Brittney Spears, however, lost her virginity at 14.
6) Samuel L. Jackson did not say the line "I have had it with these motherf**king snakes on this motherf**king plane!" in the original cut of the film, Snakes on a Plane. After a fake trailer of the movie went viral, with this line included, the movie was re-shot in order to include this line. IMDB lists Mr. Jackson for having 119 different films/television appearances. This man is a machine.
7) George Clooney owns a pot bellied pig. The pig sleeps in his bed and it is probably adorable.
8) Chuck Palahniuk, the bestselling author, is a homosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but it does kind of explain a little about Fight Club.
9) Marlyn Manson got his stage name by combining the names Charles Manson and Marlyn Monroe. Contrary to popular opinion, he has never removed any of his own ribs.
10) Chuck Norris is a normal human being that has no supernatural capabilities.
Although I do not advocate the abuse of alcohol I am pretty excited about this new mix drink I came up with. It is called the "Night Lightning" and is quite simple to make. The ingredients are as follows:
-1 part espresso
-1 part moonshine
-1 part awesome (optional)
I'm not sure if moonshine is even legal but I suppose you could substitute the moonshine with Bacardi 151°. My interest is not in the drinking itself but in how the body might react to a drink with so much raw power.
Today I looked through my drawer and noticed how many different kinds of tea I have taken from the dining commons. They have been piling up ever since I got my coffee maker. I think it's strange that we go through all the trouble to purify water when most of the time we turn around and pollute it with coffee grounds. It seems to me that more people would be content with drinking water if it only tasted better.
Once I have my own house I will set a room aside and put googly eyes on everything in it. I feel like there's not enough of that in our lives.
Clear the Floor! (or songs to dance to with the blinds down)
1. Clap Your Hands Say Yeah - Clap Your Hands! (Clap Your Hands Say Yeah)
2. Devendra Banhart - I Feel Like a Child (Cripple Crow)
3. The Fiery Furnaces - Tropical-Iceland (The Fiery Furnaces EP)
4. Say Hi To Your Mom - A Hit In Sweden (Numbers & Mumbles)
5. Adam Green - Dance With Me (Garfield)
6. They Might Be Giants - Damn Good Times (The Spine)
7. The Faint - Glass Danse (Danse Macabre)
8. The Format - Oceans (Dog Problems)
9. Ben Folds - Zak and Sara (Rockin' The Suburbs)
10. Franz Ferdinand - Michael (Franz Ferdinand)
11. The Blood Brothers - Peacock Skeleton With Crooked Feathers (Crimes)