Sunday, November 23, 2008
no common point of understanding
I just watched a video of a giraffe giving birth. It's possibly one the the oddest things I have ever seen. While I'm on the subject of hooved (or is it behooved?) animals, I would like to call attention to the sheer awesome nature of the miniature donkey. They are kind of like dogs but way goofier. They probably ride better too. Being indoors so much really makes me forget about how alien the world really is.
I drew a picture of a giraffe with a short neck. The results were extremely disappointing.
This is the willow tree next to my hall. The leaves fell off of it and now the stoners have one less place to smoke pot.
Virtues are not intrinsically good, they are good because they produce the best consequences.
Virtue 2: "Silence". Basically you should only speak when you have something of value to say. This gets kind of confusing, especially if you think that everything is bullshit.
Virtue 3: "Order". Organization and time management is an incredibly important application in ones life. Keep a clean house, an orderly desk, and a time schedule. This depletes anxiety and improves the level of awesome in your life.
Today in the library I found a book about writing comedy. Upon flipping through it I came across this image that I found really funny. Is it ironic that I find humor in a diagram outlining humor itself? The word, ironic, is one I usually stray away from because 90% of the time it is used incorrectly. Personally I think that silliness should be placed somewhere between humor and absurdity (which sounds kind of like nonsense).
Whenever your feeling kind of tired, just do some jumping jacks to get your blood flowing. If that doesn't work you should probably just take a nap.
Love: Part II (or It'll Never Work)
1. The Beatles - Yesterday (Help!)
2. The Elected - Sun, Sun, Sun (Sun, Sun, Sun)
3. Fiona Apple - Parting Gift (Extraordinary Machine)
4. Stars - Your Ex-Lover Is Dead (Set Yourself On Fire)
5. The Streets - Dry Your Eyes (A Grand Don't Come For Free)
6. Of Montreal - Tim Wish You Were Born A Girl (Cherry Peal)
7. Cake - Sad Songs and Waltzes (Fashion Nugget)
8. Death Cab For Cutie - Cath... (Narrow Stairs)
9. Kate Nash - Foundations (Made Of Bricks)
10. The Mountain Goats - No Children (Tallahassee)
11. Regina Spektor - Ode To Divorce (Soviet Kitsch)
According to Wikipedia, Yesterday by The Beatles is the most covered song ever. Congratulations The Beatles, you finally made it!
*If anyone has any ideas for playlists, playlist recommendations, or your own playlists that you would like me to post, let me know.*