Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Can you live with the way they make you look unreal?"


Over the past week or so I’ve been sick but by this point all that is left is a pretty bad cough. Yesterday I spent the majority of the day in bed watching Iron Man and old episodes of MTV’s Daria that I had floating around on my hard drive. The latter reminded me High School and how I would usually wait until late in the evening to finish my homework (if I did it at all). It’s hard to say exactly how different my life would be if I had actually made an effort in High School (socially, academically, or extra-curricularly) but I guess all I can do now look forward (something I’ve heard too many times in graduation speeches). From my experience I’ve noticed that almost nothing is exactly as you remembered it and nothing will ever be exactly as you want it to be. The only thing you can really trust is what’s going on right now (and even that proves to be skewed because we all have our own bias and way of understanding). However, whether you choose to accept or deny this concept is meaningless because no one is going to change the way they remember, hope, or perceive.


My cough is getting progressively more annoying and the only thing that has helped it is gargling a mixture of apple cider vinegar, honey, and luke warm water. The concoction either tastes like vomit or is so off-putting that the taste of vomit crawls up my throat when it is gargled. Either way, it is rather unpleasant.

This evening I went to see The Brothers Bloom. I thought it was a masterfully shot, quirky, interesting film. The only problem I had with it was that it seemed a bit lopsided. Sometimes it was a con-com (a comedy about confidence men) and sometimes it was a rom-com (romantic comedy).

I’m going to a Sunset Rubdown concert in Boston tomorrow night so I probably won’t be able to update the blog. Should be a great show and it would be nice to leave the Cape for an evening.

Speak easy,
Neil

No comments: