I love the way that the soft snow catches the light in a way that makes the ground, the air, and the sky this light peach hue. The muffled wind gets caught in the air. It puts you in a strange mood. It varies snowfall to snowfall but today it a introspective, end of the semester type of mood. I feel a strange mix of closure, anxiety, exhaustion, tranquility, and regret. The latter is more of a blanketed emotion. We all regret actions or the lack of action or maybe a choice that we've made that we have to live with. I think the older you get, the more the regret piles up until they is nowhere else for it to go. Acceptance is the only wave that can wash off your soul and make it clean.
Today I went to the campus center with Jim so he could cash in the rest of his YCMP swipes before the end of the semester. While we were in line there was a custodial worker and a janitor that kept making really simple, stupid jokes. For some reason there is this large group of individuals that just love to laugh at their own lame jokes. If you have ever worked as a cashier you know what I'm talking about. For example, if you work behind a cash register and for some reason the machine rings the price up as '$0.00', which happens from time to time for one reason or another, the person you are helping will undoubtedly blurt out something like "That means I get it for free, right?". This results in everyone in line elbowing each other and having a real generic laugh, the loudest of which always comes from the person making the joke.
I think if I ever have my own place I will buy a bicycle powered electric generator and try to see how far an electric tea kettle and a George Foreman grill will get me.
Why does terrible coffee make my mouth taste like hot dogs?
Favorite Songs of 2008
1. Noah and the Whale - 5 Years Time (Peaceful, the World Lays Me Down)
2. MGMT - Kids (Oracular Spectacular)
3. Say Hi (To Your Mom) - Northwestern Girls (The Wishes and the Glitch)
4. Time Fite - Big Mistake (Fiar Ain't Fair)
5. Conor Oberst - Cape Canaveral (Conor Oberst)
6. Vampire Weekend - Mansard Roof (Vampire Weekend)
7. Kate Nash - Foundations (Play)
8. Death Cab For Cutie - I Will Possess Your Heart (Narrow Stairs)
9. Cloud Cult - When Water Comes To Life (Feel Good Ghost)
10. Los Campesinos! - We Are Beautiful, We Are Doomed (We Are Beautiful...)
11. Animale Collective - Water Curses (Water Curses)
12. Hot Chip - Shake a Fist (Made In The Dark)
13. The Decemberists - Raincoat Song (Always The Bridesmaid)