Monday, April 20, 2009

"Abraham! Lay down the knife."

Today is April 20th and the 10th anniversary of Columbine. It is really a shame that the city's name is synonymous with death and violence, but I guess that's just the way it is. This evening, while exiting the Berkshire Dining Commons in south west, Lev, Mikhael (Lev's friend), and I were approached by ABC news to answer some questions pertaining to gun safety. Mikhael went first and seemed to know what he was talking about. If any of us make it on the program I will post it on the blog (assuming that ABC has all of its news stories online). The guy doing the interview and the camera man were both very polite and personable. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure if I said anything that I actually meant. The way I see it is if someone clips a microphone to your shirt and puts a camera in your face and starts asking questions, you better say something that sounds important or else you are wasting everyone's time. Also I kept looking up and to the left, which either means I was nervous and thinking or nervous and lying.


There were a lot of people smoking pot on campus too. Orchard Hill was riddled with people celebrating 4/20 (which is like St. Patricks day except instead of drinking all day and wearing green, people wear tie dye and smoke a lot of pot).

The creator of Arrested Development just came out with a new show on Fox this week called Sit Down, Shut Up (a cartoon based on an Australian sitcom of the same name). I was fairly disappointed but will probably give the show one more chance before I completely make up my mind about it. The show Summer Heights High, an Australian show also loosely based on the sitcom Sit Down, Shut Up, aired in America last year on the HBO network. It is far superior and definitely worth checking out.



Speak easy,
Neil

No comments: