Wednesday, April 22, 2009

i am so proud of you

I'm in the middle of the book The Swallows of Kabul (reading for one of my upper level comparative literature courses) and nothing has happened yet, there are no interesting characters, and it doesn't seem to have any real plot at all. The book just consists of a few guys sitting around complaining about the Taliban and how crappy it is to live in Kabul.


After taking a few years of college courses, I have noticed that there are two types of classes. Those that are seemingly easy and those that are seemingly difficult. In the former you will always have some guy sitting next to you with a backwards hat and bad facial hair falling asleep in the middle of the class or whispering to you something like "This class is a f***ing joke. No one pays attention to the lectures and no one does the reading."

The other type of class, the difficult ones, often consist of a lot of reading and a teacher that takes him/herself very seriously. Either way I end up with a similar grade. If the class seems to be easy, I won't try as hard. The harder classes, the ones with the self important professors, are the ones I pool most of my effort into. They grade harder though so I end up with a slightly lower grade than I anticipate. Cats have it so easy.

Speak easy,
Neil

No comments: