Friday, April 10, 2009

Promthyming

This afternoon I was walking across campus and noticed that there was a direct correlation between the pace of my walk and the beat of the song I was listening to. I find that this happens a lot, almost every time I am listening to music when I am meandering about.

Promthyming
[prohm-thum-ing]
verb
.
To walk or stroll in the same uniformed pattern as the surrounding music. This action often occurs without the realization of the individual.

Origin: Derived from the French word Promener [to walk] and the Latin word Rythmus [beat/rhythm].


Here's a picture that I took a few years ago. There are a lot of layers to it and it came out more interesting than I thought it would when I took it. I do, however, look kind of fake cool lame in it.

I spent four hours (some of which was in traffic) traveling to the Cape today and am considerably exhausted. Puff is still here and I still haven't warmed up to her.

Speak easy,
Neil

No comments: