Saturday, April 4, 2009

"You cut me off mid-funk!"

Tonight was the second night of the university's annual Comedy Jam. It was about four hours long and consisted of improvisation, sketches, and musical acts (of the rap variety). Some of the acts were noteworthy, while others seemed to creep by. It was free so there's not much to complain about. The video below is from one of my favorite acts of the evening, Team Submarine.

We sat in the front row, which was close enough to see some of the performers shaking. There was also a very vocal audience member sitting next to me. He was weird and smelled really bad to boot.



Speaking of comedy, today I started writing sketches. My plan is to try and write them on a fairly consistent basis. It is attempt to force myself to flex my comedy muscle as often as possible. I've heard that comedy is the hardest thing to write (compared to drama, action, reality). There will be some time in my schedule to record some videos between when I am finished with this semester and when I begin my work at the summer camp. For some reason I keep think that making a cup of coffee at midnight is somehow a good idea.

I am watching an episode of The Venture Bros right now that references bigfoot's cameo on the Bionic Man television program. They don't make 'em like they used to.

Speak easy,
Neil

2 comments:

kat(hryn) said...

pizza you need is love.

Dell Smith said...

Remember: comedy is not pretty, especially when they shake.