Sunday, March 29, 2009

there are so many places to hide?

For the last few weeks I have been taking graphic novels out of the library and reading them when I am not studying for French or reading for Comparative Literature or watching television on my computer. I stopped reading novels extracurricularly* because I get enough words on a daily basis as it is, although I am still kind of hungry for pictures and stories.

*I was surprised to find that this wasn't a real word, but I like it so I am using it anyway. Take that spellchecker! It's obvious to me that you don't check for creativity. Also, spellchecker sounds like something a wizard uses to make sure they properly executed an incantation.


For some reason I feel more safe on the twelfth floor of the library than I do when I am walking through the center of Amherst, which is strange because I feel like the upper levels of the library are a prime location to mug people because 1) there are no cameras 2) there are usually no people around 3) there are so many places to hide.

Since the weather has been warmer I have been taking planning longer routes to the places I need to get to. It might not be economical but it is rather cathartic.

__________

I am filling out this room selection appointment survey on the university website. The following is something I have to respond to in the common yes/no fashion...

"University regulations require us to ask all housing applicants if they have ever been convicted of a felony?"

Confusing. Just because it has a question mark at the end doesn't mean that it is a proper question.
__________

No matter how much I want it to, my work will never do itself. Ducks have it so easy. People feed them and if someone pisses them off they can just fly away. Of course on the other hand they can't talk (to humans, and isn't that the most important form of communique?), can't run without looking looking ridiculous, and can't chew their food.

Speak easy,
Neil

No comments: