Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Often I will find nonsense leak into my consciousness. This comes in the form of vivid imagery, strange lyrics, or bare concepts. The other day I was walking to cash my paycheck and "the apartheid glow of the emerald snow" landed on my brain. I didn't really make any sense of it, although I do kind of like it. Probably half of the songs that I have written come out of this kind of disjointed, unfastened mental drips.
Spring Break is quickly approaching and the weather seems promising enough. UMass, as smart as the faculty is, decided to wrap the one week vacation around St. Patrick's Day. Before I head home for break I have a lot of reading and studying to do, which I should probably continue working on.
Miss Lonelyhearts Pays a Visit
1. Neutral Milk Hotel - Song Against Sex (On Avery Isle)
2. Built To Spill - Car (There's Nothing Wrong)
3. Pavement - Cut Your Hair (Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain)
4. Wilco - I'm The Man Who Loves You (Yankee Hotel Foxtrot)
5. The Olivia Tremor Control - Memories Of Jacqueline 1906 (Music...)
6. Syd Matters - Hello Sunshine (The O.C.: Mix 6)
7. Devendra Banhart - I Feel Like a Child (Cripple Crow)
8. Wolf Parade - I'll Believe Anything (Apologies To Queen Mary)
9. Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin - What'll We Do (Broom)
10. The Snake, The Cross, The Crown - A Brief Intermission (Mand...)
11. Nico - These Days (Chelsea Girl)
12. Beirut - Postcards From Italy (Gulag Orkestar)
13. Bright Eyes - I Woke Up With a Song In My Head This Morning (Lua EP)
14. The Decemberists - Raincoat Song (Always a Bridesmaid: Volume III)
*Note: Most of these songs have shown up on other playlists.