Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Bee Seshquire


Since I was a little kid, I have wanted to extend my name in some way. This could be by way of a prefix (Dr.) or some sort of tail end extension (PhD). The only one that I never really understood was "Esquire". Today, I finally looked up what this meant so that maybe...possibly...I could fulfill a quota and gain an important title. To become an official "Esquire" one needs to be an attorney or uphold an upper level position in the Elks Club (a hangout for very exclusive stuffy middle aged men who lik cigars and suite jackets).

Someone used the phrase "Bee Sesh" today. It took me five minutes to realize that this was short for "Frisbee Session", which made perfect sense in the context of the conversation because we had just finished a game a frisbee.

Speak easy,
Neil

No comments: