Friday, May 29, 2009

La Faim (Hunger)

Brad came over this evening. We went to Andrew's and played Nintendo 64 for a few hours (something I feel like I've been doing a lot lately). This weekend, instead of focusing on music like we usually do I think we're going to do some short films.

My dad, Jim, and a few other musicians are doing a polka gig tomorrow night and I'll try to get some footage to post.

I just got my tax money back and I think I'm going to buy a decent digital camera for my photography. Having money now, after not having a lot of money in the recent months, feels kind of strange. It's surprising how pieces of paper can carry so much potential.

For the last few days I have felt a little under the weather. My brother was trying to show me this video on Youtube while I was laying down, trying to make myself feel better. Suffice it to say, I was pretty out of it at the time I was watching the film. Being in a sleepy sick state actually made the experience entirely different. Despite being a "wicked messed up" cartoon, I felt like it made sense and I didn't question any of the stranger aspects of the film. Sometimes people, as the intilectual sponges they are, tend to absorb things differently. Sense data, much likes words, can be up to interpretation.



Speak easy,
Neil

No comments: