Friday, May 8, 2009

We Have Two Headed Turtles!

The sun is brightest right before it goes down. I feel like it's just trying to get your attention before it jumps off the edge of the horizon. I suppose that's all I can think about right now because, with the sun down and all, it should be cool in my room like it is outside. It isn't. The heat, despite being turned off, is spreading heat through the building for some odd reason.


There are about eleven days left until I leave Amherst and I still have a few books to reread and 21 pages to write between all of my classes. I always think that once I get to the next step, something will be resolved. It took me two or three years for me to get to Amherst and now all I can think about is where I want to go next. There aren't any solutions in life, I guess. Only more chances and more routes that take you down different paths. The only way to get around this endless meandering game of hopscotch is to be content with where you are. The problem is that you can't. You just can't be content. There's some part of you that knows that you've been content before, and some part of you that knows you will be content again someday, but what are you left with. Just everything in between. I've been considering looking into Buddhism. It's more of a spiritual thing than a religious thing. That reminds me. Today a girl walked up to Lev and I when we were walking back from the Gym and started spewing out this long prepared speech about how we were going to be cast into an infinite ocean of hellfire if we didn't turn our backs on our current religious orientation and proceed to accept Jesus Christ as the one and only. Before she opened her mouth I was ready to shake her hand and make some comment about how great it is for someone in college to be actively involved in her religious community. Most people aren't so passionate, you know? Lev got really mad afterward. He hates it when people push religious beliefs on other people. You do what you want, I'll do what I want, and the world will continue spinning.

This is some advertisement I found for some sort of online pet store. Why would anyone want a "no-eye turtle". That's just ridiculous. Oh well, different strokes for different folks.

Speak easy,
Neil

P.S
150th blog post!

No comments: