Saturday, January 17, 2009

Breathing New Life Into a Cancerous Past


Socialization is on a respirator, something we call the Internet. A facebook message or e-mail replaces any sort of real contact. Deep phone conversations have been replaced with dozens of half-hearted instant messages. We save time with the convenience of multi-core processors and waste it by youtube and wikipedia and other websites that connect the world, but don't really connect the world. An iron lung.

This morning I was trying for twenty minutes to put on a tie. I usually pretty good at doing a double Windsor, but for some reason, not matter how I tried, I could not get it right. The stupidest part of the situation, by all means, is that I don't ever actually need to wear a tie. My life does not call for such eloquence. Ties are completely unnecessary in my day to day. Anyway, It felt like I was repeatedly slipping off a bicycle. Like it should have been so easy. An hour later I picked up where I left off and ended up with a respectable knot on my first attempt. Sometimes revisiting something that seemed fruitless in the past is worth a shot. Things don't always work out but just because they didn't once, doesn't mean history will repeat itself. Relationships and people change (although I do not believe that knots do very often).


It seems that frequently in the news you will reveal another item on the list of things that cause cancer. After some research, I found that anxiety has been linked to cancer. That means that the anxiety that one has from fearing cancer, may actually cause cancer.

This is a bit of post production I did for a video project that I was working on with Brad. It is the audio for an exercise video playing in the background. Music done in Frooty Loops, the voice is me pitched up (but surprisingly not that much). Something of which I am slightly embarrassed.

Speak easy,
Neil

P.S - Brad and I also make some real music that isn't just simple attempts at background noise. For more information, click on the image below.

No comments: