Friday, January 2, 2009

Time Will Crawl

Today at work I tried to avoid looking at the clock for the first half of my shift. For some reason I feel like when you watch numbers go by, you lose something in the overall experience. Of course this approach not work all the time. Money, for instance, is something I have found to be better unwatched Anyway, it didn't work. Time will crawl, whether you watch the clock or not.


I had a conversation with one of my co-workers about guns It started out as a conversation about knives, but sometimes people lean the dialogue toward what they want to talk about. I don't mind though. It keeps the other person engaged and you usually learn something that you wouldn't have learned if you had been the one dominating the conversation. One new thing I learned was that you can not buy a magazine (bullet storage unit) that holds more than 10 bullets if you live in Massachusetts. You can also buy a machine gun if you have the right license. If he hadn't told me, I wouldn't have known that.

A man came in later and asked how old you have to tend bar. I told him that I was pretty sure you have to be 18, but I double checked with my manager. He needed this information because he is courting a young lady who is employed at a bar and he would not want to find himself in a compromising situation with a woman under the age of 21. Well, that was the gist it. He used some very colorful language to describe his situation.

Speak easy,
Neil

1 comment:

Selina said...

I am certainly interested in this colorful language describing the situation of the man and his nearly underage bar maid!

ators