Friday, January 9, 2009

Shutter Speed


Sometimes I feel homeless. I mean, yes, I do always have a place to sleep and someone to talk to, but that doesn't always make a home. It's like instead of trying to find the home I left behind, I just want to start from scratch and make my own home. A new, different home that is my own. Maybe that's why I am going to college. Maybe that's why I feel the need to segregate myself from my childhood and adolescents.


Everyone is always talking about how you only have one life to live, but I don't think that's true. I am not talking about reincarnation or heaven or anything, I am talking about the various phases of your life. Most people seem to follow the three phase process. Childhood, work, old age. We can branch out from this. One could probably have as many different phases as they want. Or maybe not. This straight line, this time line, doesn't sit well with me.


The pictures that I am using for today's blog are from a kind of photography series I am working on. What I do is lower the shutter speed on my camera and take picture of bright lights as I move the camera in different directions. It is almost like spin art, maybe. Although I don't enjoy the pictures as much as the ones that I took of Brad with his corn cob pipe, I still think they're pretty cool.

Speak easy,
Neil

1 comment:

Selina said...

Those pictures are really cool. I agree with you on our different phases of life. The people you are with can also make up a phase of your life. I don't think I could classify all of high school into "childhood" because there were so many different phases I went through back then.

synlyg